Homemade Cornbread is made with buttermilk. Easy to prepare and finished in a cupcake pan.
- 1 ½ cups of yellow plain corn meal
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of Dr. Oetker Baking Powder (OR) baking powder
- 1 egg
- 60 ml (2 ounces) of melted butter
- 250 ml (8.4 ounces) of buttermilk
Mix corn meal, flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl.
In another bowl, beat eggs, add buttermilk and milk.
Finishing the batter:
Mix the dry ingredients and the liquid ingredients together. Use a spatula or big fork and DON’T OVER STIR. The batter should NOT be entirely smooth. It’s OK to have some lumps in your mixture.
Fill the batter in an oiled cupcake pan and bake in a preheated oven on the middle rack for about 15–17 minutes at 220°C (425°F). DONE!