Boston Lettuce Salad Recipe – Kopfsalat with Oma Mutti Dressing
This Boston Lettuce Salad recipe is made with my mothers basic dressing. Wunderbar! Boston Lettuce Salad is called Kopfsalat in Germany, one of my favorite salads.
Ingredients for Boston Lettuce Salad Recipe:
- 1 large or two small Boston lettuce
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil OR vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons of cold water
- 1 ½ tablespoons of vinegar (apple cider, white wine, or Hengstenberg Seasoned Vinegar)
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of coarse black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons of fresh-cut dill
- 2 tablespoons of very finely chopped onions
- 2 to 3 splashes Maggi Seasoning (available at most local grocery stores in the international food section)
Preparation of Boston Lettuce Salad:
Remove the lettuce leaves and cut them into small pieces. Wash lettuce and dry with a salad spinner or a colander.
Mix oil, vinegar, water, and Maggi Seasoning, sugar, salt, and pepper and beat it with a whisk. Add the finely chopped onions, finely cut dill and stir well. Place the washed and dried lettuce on top of the dressing and mix using two spoons or salad hands.