https://www.theomaway.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/IMG_1370.jpg 630 1500 Oma http://www.theomaway.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Oma-Logo-Authentic-German-Recipes.png Oma2022-10-10 02:07:382023-02-11 08:24:20Obatzda Cheese Butter Spread
Obatzda Cheese Butter Spread
Obatzda Cheese Butter Spread – A Beer Garden Specialty
Obatzda Cheese Butter Spread. A spicy spread mostly served with soft pretzels at beer gardens and during Oktoberfest. The mild version of the spread is a the combination Camembert/Brie and cream cheese. The stronger version is a combination of Camembert/Brie and Limburger cheese.
Ingredients for Obatzda:
- 400 g (14.10 oz) of Camembert cheese OR Brie, ripe
- 150 g (3.5 oz) of cream cheese OR Limburger cheese
- 2 tablespoons of soft butter
- ¾ – 1 cup of onions, chopped
- ½ – 1 teaspoon salt depending on how much the cheese is spiced
- ½ teaspoon of pepper, black coarse
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of caraway, seeds
- 2 tablespoons of beer
Preparation of Obatzda:
Cut the hard rind off the cheese. Add Camembert/Brie with cream cheese, butter, beer, peeled and chopped onions, and spices to a bowl. Mix the ingredients with a handheld electric mixer until it becomes smooth. Fill the Obatzda in a bowl and chill in the refrigerator.
Sprinkle some paprika onto the Obatzda. Serve it with radishes and pretzels or with Oma’s homemade pretzels. To find tips for an Oktoberfest Party click here.