Fanta Lemonade Cake Recipe
Fanta Lemonade Cake – Fantakuchen
The Fanta Lemonade Cake is a layer cake consisting of a cake batter. On top of the first layer are mandarines covered with a layer of a mixture with mascarpone, sour cream, and whipped cream. The final touch is a mixture of sugar and cinnamon sifted over the cake.
Ingredients for the Fanta Lemonade Cake:
- 150 g (5.3 oz) of butter, soft
- 200 g (7.05 oz) of sugar
- 1 pouch of vanilla sugar OR 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs, XL
- 2-3 tablespoons of orange liqueur (optional)
- 300 g (10.6 oz) of all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons of Gustin OR potato starch OR corn starch
- 1 pouch of baking powder OR 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 200 ml (6.76 oz) of orange lemonade (German Fanta, Orangina, San Pellegrino Orange)
- 500 ml (1.05 pt) of whipping cream
- 2 pouches of whip-it cream stabilizer OR 2 ½ tablespoons of vanilla instant pudding powder (if using instant pudding powder as stabilizer, don’t use vanilla sugar)
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 pouches of vanilla sugar OR 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cans of mandarin-oranges (net wt 15 oz – 425 g) OR sliced peaches
- 600 g (1.32 lbs) of schmand OR 300 g (10.6 oz) of sour cream + 300 g (10.6 oz) crème frâiche OR 300 g (10.6 oz) of sour cream + 300 g (10.6 oz) mascarpone
- 1 ½ tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Preparation of the batter:
Before starting to make the batter, open the cans with the mandarin-oranges, place them in a colander and let them drain. Beat the butter with a handheld mixer and add sugar, vanilla flavor, and salt. While continually mixing, add one egg after another until the batter is creamy before adding the orange liqueur. Mix flour, Gustin, or potato starch with the baking powder in a second bowl, sift over the butter mixture, and beat until the ingredients are combined. Pour the Fanta or lemonade by your choice into the mixing bowl and stir.
Baking of the cake:
Preheat the oven to 175°C – 180°C (350°F – 360°F). Spread the batter onto a baking sheet (17 inches x 11 inches) covered with baking paper and place it on the fourth rack. Bake for 23-25 minutes until golden brown. Let the cake completely cool.
Preparation of the second layer:
Beat the whipping cream while adding the whip-it until stiff. In a second bowl, beat the mascarpone mixed with sour cream sugar and vanilla sugar.
Fold the whipping cream into the mascarpone mixture.
Finishing of the cake:
Gently loosen the sides of the cake from the sides of the baking sheet using a spatula. Place the mandarin-oranges on top of the cake before spreading the mascarpone mixture evenly onto the cake using a spatula.
To have straight edges of the second layer, use a pastry scraper to place between the baking sheet and the cake’s edges while spreading the cheese mixture with a spatula.
After the top layer’s spreading, make it uneven and wavy using the side of a fork.
Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sift it over the cake. To make the Sunken Apple Cake click here, the Apricot-Nut Cake, click here and click here for the Cheese Crumb Cake.