Pineapple Marzipan Cake
Pineapple Marzipan Cake is called Ananas-Marzipankuchen in Germany.
Ingredients for batter of Pineapple Marzipan Cake:
- 200 g (7 oz) of marzipan
- 175 g (6 oz) of margarine OR butter, soft
- 175 g (6 oz) of sugar
- 3 eggs, XL
- 1 package of vanilla sugar OR 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 300 g (10.5 oz) of flour, all-purpose
- 1 package of baking powder OR 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 227 g (8 oz) of pineapples, canned crushed
Ingredients for icing:
- 150 g (5.25 oz) of dark chocolate
- depending on chocolate add a tip of a knife of shortening OR coconut oil
- themed sprinkles
- canned pineapple slices
- jarred maraschino cherries
Preparation of Pineapple Marzipan Cake:
Use an electric hand mixer to mix the soft margarine with the marzipan. Add sugar and vanilla flavoring. Add one egg at a time. In a separate container, add baking powder to the flour. Mix and then sift it over the mixture. Stir until smooth. Drain the pineapples and add them to the batter. Mix until the fruit is completely worked into the batter. Generously grease a loaf pan with margarine. Spread the batter in your form.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°-360°F), and bake the cake for about 45-50 minutes.
While the cake is cooling down on a cooling rack, heat up the chocolate in a bain-marie and add just a knife tip of shortening. Brush the cake with the melted chocolate.
I decorate the cake on top with pineapple halves and add maraschino cherries in between. If you would like to add sprinkles, make sure to spread them on the chocolate icing before it dries. The cake may be stored in the freezer.