Pumpkin Liqueur Cupcakes
These Pumpkin Liqueur Cupcakes are easy to make. They are a nice decoration for your Thanksgiving dessert table.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Liqueur Cupcakes:
- 125 g (4.4 oz) of all-purpose flour
- 125 g (4.4 oz) of potato starch OR corn starch
- 250 g (8.8 oz) of powdered sugar
- 1 pouch of baking powder OR 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 pouches of vanilla sugar OR 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 250 ml (8.4 oz) of vegetable oil
- 250 ml (8.4 oz) of Pumpkin Cream Liqueur (Pennsylvania Dutch)
- 5 eggs, XL
Preparation of Pumpkin Liqueur Cupcakes:
Beat the eggs with the oil and liqueur. Add powdered sugar and vanilla sugar or vanilla extract. Mix flour, starch, and baking powder together and sift it into the batter. Mix well until the batter is smooth.
Place cupcake wrappers in a cupcake baking pan and fill all 24 wrappers with batter. Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F) and place the pan on middle rack. Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes.
Decoration and Topping:
- 24 paper cupcake wrappers
- 24 filigree cupcake wrappers
- 24 Thanksgiving cupcake picks
- 120 g (4 oz) of semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 500 ml (16.9 oz) of whipped cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Knox Gelatine
- red, orange, and yellow decorative sugar crystals
Melt your chocolate in a bain-marie (water bath). When fully melted, brush the chocolate onto the top of the cupcakes. Place your cupcakes on a baking sheet and put them in the freezer for a about 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
In the meantime, add 3 tablespoons of water to the gelatin, mix with a fork and let it stand for about 5 minutes. Melt the gelatin in a bain-marie. Make sure you do not let the gelatin boil. When completely dissolved mix 4 tablespoons of whipping cream into the gelatin. Add the gelatin to the rest of your whipping cream and beat until the cream is stiff. Use the whipped cream to decorate on top of the chocolate.
Mix yellow, orange and red decorative sugar and sprinkle it over the top of the whipped-cream cupcakes. Place your picks in the center of your cupcakes and you are done.