German Iced Coffee a real treat
The German Iced Coffee is made with strong brewed cold coffee, vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream. It is so refreshing and a real treat on a hot summer day.
- 250-300 ml (8.45-10.14 oz) of strong brewed coffee, chilled (depending on size of the glass)
- 150 g (5.29 oz) of vanilla ice cream (2-3 scoops)
- 2 tablespoons of whipped cream
- chocolate sprinkles OR cocoa powder, (optional to garnish)
Preparation of the Iced Coffee:
Pour the chilled coffee in a high glass. Add 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream and top it with the whipped cream. Garnish with chocolate sprinkles or cocoa powder. Serve with cookies or waffles.
- If you want sweet coffee, add the sugar in the hot coffee before chilling. The sugar dissolves better.
- The coffee also can be mixed with the ice cream in a blender, before adding the whipped cream.
- Freeze the coffee. Mix the frozen coffee with the ice cream in a blender, before adding the whipped cream.
- The coffee can be exchanged with cold cocoa for the children. You can either use vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream or both. The children will love it.
To make the Spaghettieis – Spaghetti Ice Cream click here.