Chinese Cabbage Salad Recipe
Chinese Cabbage Salad Recipe. Chinese Cabbage Salad is called Chinakohlsalat in Germany. The recipe serves about 6-8 people.
Ingredients for Chinese Cabbage Salad Recipe:
- 454 g (1 lb) of Chinese Cabbage
- 1 apple
- ½ teaspoon of caraway seeds
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of “Hengstenberg Seasoned Vinegar” OR your own preference
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of diced onions
- 3 tablespoons of cold water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3-4 teaspoons of sugar depending on vinegar
- pinch of pepper
Preparation of Chinese Cabbage Salad:
Mix vegetable oil, vinegar, sour cream, water, salt, pepper, and caraway seeds using a whisk. Core the apple, peel it and cut it into small pieces. Dice the onions and add them and the apple pieces to the dressing and mix.
Cut the cabbage in halves and then in strips. Leave the cabbage standing in water for a few minutes, wash and strain. I always use a salad spinner which is available in most stores with household wares. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix using spoons or salad forks.
This salad is a nice complement to my Ham Noodles Recipe. It is crisp and refreshing. Try it!