Apple Punch Recipe – Apfelweinbowle
This Apple Punch Recipe is easy to make following these step by step instructions. Apple Punch is called Apfelweinbowle in Germany. This punch is a favorite party drink because it has not too much alcohol.
Ingredients for Apple Punch Recipe:
- 3 bottles (ea 355 ml – 12 oz) of Woodchuck Hard Cider Granny Smith
- 3 bottles (ea 355 ml – 12 oz) of Johnny Appleseed Hard Apple Cider
- 3 bottles (ea 296 ml – 10 oz) of soda water
- ½ cup of Calvados Or any other Apple Brandy (optional)
- ⅛ l (½ cup) of fresh pressed lemon juice
- ¼ l (1 cup) of fresh pressed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- grated peels of 2 oranges
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 8 cloves
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ bottle of champagne (optional)
- 1-2 apples for decoration
- 1-2 oranges for decoration
Mix orange juice and lemon juice in a saucepan. Add orange peel, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and honey. Bring to a boil, turn the heat down and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Pour the apple cider in a glass punch bowl. Filter the cooked juice through a cheesecloth and add it to the apple cider. Add the Calvados (Apple Brandy) and the soda water.
Wash the apples and oranges. Core the apples and cut thin slices. Cut the oranges into thin slices. Add the sliced fruit to the Apple Punch. (I choose not to peel the fruit because I like the color).
Chill the Apple Punch and always serve cold. Consider placing the punch bowl on ice or surrounding it with ice cubes.
If you wish, before serving, you could add ½ bottle of champagne to suit your taste.