Angel Cake Recipe
Angel Cake Recipe
This Angel Cake recipe is made with Irish Cream Liqueur. Quick and easy to prepare. The cake is called Rührkuchen mit Irish Cream Likoer in Germany.
Ingredients for Angel Cake recipe:
- 5 eggs, XL
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 heaping teaspoons of instant coffee
- 250 g (9 oz) of powdered sugar
- 125 g (4.5 oz) of all-purpose flour
- 125 g (4.5 oz) of potato starch OR corn starch
- 2 pouches of vanilla sugar OR 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 pouch of baking powder OR 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 150 g (4.25 oz) of bittersweet baking chocolate 60% – 80% cacao
- 1 knife tip of shortening
Use a fork to mix one of the eggs with the instant coffee until the coffee is dissolved.
In the meantime, beat the other eggs with your handheld electric mixer and add in the egg with the coffee. Beat until frothy, then add the oil and Irish cream. Add then the powdered sugar with the vanilla sugar or extract and mix until smooth. Mix the flour with the starch and baking powder and sift over the batter. Mix again until the batter is smooth.
Pour the batter in a coffee cake pan. Bake in a preheated oven on the middle rack for about 45 minutes at 180°C -190°C ( 356°F – 375°F). After baking, turn the Angel Cake upside down on a cooling rack immediately.
While cooling, heat the chocolate in a bain-marie. Depending on the kind of chocolate you are using, add a knife tip of shortening if necessary. Brush the cake with the melted chocolate and decorate to your liking.
I use whipped cream in a decorating bag with star tip, and chocolate clover leaves (using a candy making mold). You can also use the batter to make cupcakes. This recipe makes about 24 cupcakes. Bake the cupcakes for about 18-20 minutes. Decorate to your liking.