Cucumber Salad Recipe
This Cucumber Salad Recipe is easy to follow. Cucumber salad is called Gurkensalat in Germany. This Cucumber Salad Recipe serves about 6 people.
Ingredients for Cucumber Salad Recipe:
- 1 large or 2 small cucumbers about 800 g (1.76 lb)
- 6 tablespoons of whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil OR vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of chopped dill
- 4 tablespoons of chives cut in little rolls
- splash of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black coarse pepper
Preparation of Cucumber Salad:
Peel your cucumber with a potato peeler. If you prefer to leave the skin on, you can. Just make sure you wash the cucumber thoroughly. Use your mandolin slicer and cut the cucumber into fine slices. Place the cucumber slices in a colander to drain for a few minutes. In a separate bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, whipping cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and sugar. Mix thoroughly. Cut your washed dill and chives with a knife or a herb scissor. Add the herbs to the dressing and mix again. Pour the dressing over the cucumbers and mix either with two spoons or salad hands.
This Cucumber Salad Recipe is a side dish that can be served with any main dish. The Cucumber Salad also is a welcome dish in a salad bar during the barbecue season. The salad is very refreshing.