The ten best children’s books inspired by nature and approved by Oma.
Children’s Books Nature Inspired
Trees turn green. Flowers bloom. Perennials come alive. And seeds begin to sprout like wildfire. When nature explodes in the garden, it’s obvious spring is here. Find out more from the 10 Children’s Books nature inspired and picked by Oma.
Just as “natural” this time of year are books dedicated to the great outdoors. Your little ones will love this collection of books that captures the beauty of nature—starting with how to babysit a grandma and grandpa by taking a walk and feeding the ducks. Soon to follow is a stroll through Mr. Goethe’s Garden—all while Peter tries to find berries for his mother’s birthday.
The children of the forest introduce several woodland creatures while preparing for a dramatic change in season. Bear falls in love with the evening star, the very hungry caterpillar eats his way to an amazing transformation, a rainbow fish learns that friendship always tops beauty, and at the end of the day, Monica asks her Papa to get her the moon. All is bright and beautiful!
The stories are charming and the pages are masterfully illustrated. Some of the children’s books nature inspired featured in this list are classics, while others are newly published. You’ll find that several are even in German (which every Oma out there is sure to love).
As always, wishing you a lovely story time with your children or grandchildren.
Oma’s top 10 favorite books inspired by nature.
1. All Things Bright and Beautiful by Cecil Frances Alexander
2. CHILDREN OF THE FOREST by Elsa Basekow
3. How to Babysit a Grandma by Jean Reagan
4. HOW TO BABYSIT A GRANDPA by Jean Reagan
5. MR. GOETHE’S GARDEN By Diana Cohn
6. Papa, please get the moon for me by Eric Carle
7. THE RAINBOW FISH by Marcus Pfister
8. THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR by Eric Carle
9. PETER IN BLUEBERRY LAND by Elsa Beskow
10. Pony, Bear and Evening Star by Sigrid Heuck