Vegetable Dip is called Gemuesesosse in Germany.
Ingredients for Vegetables Dip:
- 3 bell peppers (yellow, orange, red)
- white radish
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 680 g (1.5 lbs.) of sour cream
- 2 large leaves of borage (available as plants in nurseries)
- 5-7 stems of dill
- 5-7 stems of parsley
- 4 stems of burnet (available as plants in nurseries)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 ½–2 teaspoons of salt
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- some pepper
Note: If you cannot find the borage and the burnet, you can use a few dashes of Maggi available in the international section of your grocery store.
Wash your vegetables and dry them with a paper towel. Cut them in slices or sticks.
Preparation of Dip:
Mix the oil, lemon juice, and sour cream with a whisk. Wash and finely cut borage, parsley, dill, chives and burnet, or chop them in an electric food chopper. Add the chopped herbs to your sour cream mix. (Do not use the stems of dill, parsley and burnet!) Add salt, pepper, and sugar. Mix thoroughly. Place in the refrigerator. Serve chilled with your cut vegetables.